Spring into these sumptuous Italian cities with a fun Urban Trail!
A major plus about entering an Urban Trail in Italy, is that you won’t need to rent a car to reach race start.
Running through some of Italy’s cities can be an awe-inspiring experience, and an excellent way to tie in your love of urban trail running together with a weekend City break.
So read on and get planning.
We bring you two incredible Italian cities, Florence and Venice, each have a March/April Urban trail that’s waiting just for YOU!
If you’ve never participated in a race abroad before, Urban Trails make great first time races, and if entering a Trail running race in Italy is something you’ve been considering, why not check out our guidelines for choosing an Italian Trail Race.
EcoTrail Florence 2018
Where: Florence, Tuscany – Italy
When: 3 & 4th March 2018
13km 300m D+ BY NIGHT – 3rd March 2018 TIME: 9 pm
42km 1000m D+ 4th March 2018 TIME: 8.00 am
80km 2400m D+ 4th March 2018 TIME: 8.00 am
Ultra Challenge: Night 13km 300m D+ AND the 42km 1000m D+
Super Challenge: Night 13km 300m D+ AND the 80km 2400m D+
and Firenze Urban Walking: 10km TIME 21.05
Why Run It?
- Easy to get to. Fly either to Florence, Pisa or Bologna
- Race Website in English
- Special hotel rates available for runners and companions: double rooms with breakfast and late checkout at 80,00 euros.
- An really excellent way to enjoy Florence!
- We at Italyontrail.com love this race for the many routes available, the friendly atmosphere and the solid race organizing committee….(these are the people that bring you the Lavaredo Ultra Trail)
Find Out More
Venice Night Trail
Where: Venice, Veneto – Italy
When: 14th April 2018
16km (night trail)
“Run by night for 16K and over 51 bridges in the heart of Venice: this is the enchanting athmosphere of Garmin Venice Night Trail!” – from the race website
Why run it?
- Easy to get to. Fly either to Verona or Venice
- Race Website in English.
- What could be more magical than a night time Venice Urban Trail?
- A very popular race, with a great atmosphere.
- Race route takes you over 50 bridges!
- You will be running in an iconic part of Italy!
- A really super race to fit into a Venetian long weekend.
Find Out More
Maria Elisabetta Bellini is Italyontrail.com’s founder, born in the U.K, she came to running whilst living in Italy, where she still lives and trains. Never ceasing to marvel at what’s at the summit of a hill, or around the bend along the trail, she loves using trail running as a means to explore nature, contemplation and Italy.