In the photo – HAWKS Hayden, POMMERET Ludovic, SWIERC Marcin at he CCC® 2017 –
IMG CREDIT: © UTMB® – photo: Alexandre Girbal
Were you blown away by this year’s coverage of the UTMB® Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc?
There was some truly amazing live coverage going on, and we’re pretty sure that this must have inspired many to enter the UTMB® 2018 lottery.
If you need more points to be able to qualify– check out these Italian trail races from October to December 2017 that award ITRA points to finishers.
We do suggest however that you always contact the individual race organisers to verify and confirm the ITRA points available to finishers, and cross-check with the comprehensive list on the Ultra Trail du Mont-Blanc® website.
Remember – For 2018 Registration
Only qualifying races from 2016 and 2017 count and you must have gained the required number of points between 01/01/2016 and 31/12/2017.
Point Recap – What You Need
- UTMB®, you need a minimum of 15 points from a maximum of 3 races.
- CCC®, you need a minimum of 8 points in 1 or 2 races.
- TDS®, you need a minimum of 8 points in 1 or 2 races.
- OCC, you need a minimum of 4 points in 1 or 2 races.
Still in need of points? Get them here…
3 ITRA Uccellina Trail Parco della Maremma 62km, 1950m D+
1 ITRA Trail Parco della Maremma 28km, 870m D+
- website: www.utpmtuscany.com
- where: Albarese, Grosseto – Tuscany
- fly to: Rome, Florence or Pisa
5 ITRA Morenic Trail 118km, 2770m D+
- website: www.morenictrail.com
- where: Andrate, Turin – Piedmont
- get there: Turin
4 ITRA Ultratrack Supramonte Seaside 86km, 4230m D+
2 ITRA Ultratrack Supramonte Seaside 42km, 2040m D+
- website: http://ultrasupramonte.blogspot.it
- where: Santa Maria Navarrese, Baunei, Nuoro, Sardinia
- fly to: Olbia
4 ITRA Tartufo Trail Ultra Sky Marathon® 66km, 3490m D+
3 ITRA Tartufo Trail SkyMarathon® 50km, 2530m D+
2 ITRA Tartufo Trail Monte Sporno 28km, 1370m D+
- website: www.tartufotrail.it
- where: Calestano, Parma – Emilia-Romagna
- fly to: Milan, Bologna or Bergamo
3 ITRA Sant’Olcese Trail – 42km, 2430m D+
- website: santolcesetrail.wordpress.com
- where: Sant’Olcese, Genova, Liguria
- fly to: Genoa
6 ITRA UTLO 120km, 7260m D+
4 ITRA UTLO 82km, 5250m D+
4 ITRA UTLO 58km, 3170m D+
2 ITRA UTLO 34km, 2220m D+
- website: www.ultratraillo.com
- where: Omegna, Verbano Cusio Ossola, Piedmont
- fly to: Turin or Milan Malpensa
6 ITRA Vie di San Francesco Ultra + 201km, 7090m D+
5 ITRA Vie di San Francesco Long Way 102km, 3990m D+
- website: www.ecomaratonadeimonticimini.it
- where: Attigliano, Terni, Umbria
- fly to: Rome or Perugia
3 ITRA Trail Monte Casto 46km, 2120m D+
1 ITRA Trail Monte Casto 21km, 910m D+
- website: mauscilla.it
- where: Andorno Micca, Biella, Piedmont
- fly to: Turin
3 ITRA Trail del Gevero 46k, 3260M D+
1 ITRA Trail del Gevero 21k, 1720M D+
- website: traildelgevero.com
- where: Cison di Valmarino, Treviso, Veneto
- fly to: Treviso, Venice or Verona
3 ITRA Trail dell’Ulivo 46k, 2480M D+
2 ITRA Trail dell’Ulivo 25k, 1400M D+
- website: www.creteditura.altervista.org
- where: Brisighella, Ravenna, Emilia-Romagna
- fly to: Bologna
5* ITRA Trail del Cinghiale 90km, 6000mD+
4* ITRA Trail del Cinghiale 60km, 4000mD+
- website: www.traildelcinghialerace.com
- where: Palazzuolo sul Senio, Florence, Tuscany
- fly to: Bologna or Florence
*to be confirmed
2 ITRA Amalfi Positano Wine Trail 40km, 2720mD+
- website: www.amalfipositanoultratrail.it
- where: Agerola, Naples, Campania
- fly to: Naples
2 ITRA Ultrabericus Winter 33km, 1430m D+
- website: www.ultrabericus.it
- where: Torri di Arcugnano, Vicenza, Veneto
- fly to: Verona
For a full list of regulations and qualifying races throughout the years – see the UTMB® specific page HERE
Maria Elisabetta Bellini is Italyontrail.com’s founder, born in the U.K, she came to running whilst living in Italy, where she still lives and trains. Never ceasing to marvel at what’s at the summit of a hill, or around the bend along the trail, she loves using trail running as a means to explore nature, contemplation and Italy.