by Maria E. Bellini
When organising your trail running or walking holidays to Italy, it’s easier to fly to the airport nearest your final destination. Italy has plenty of International airports served both by both full service and low cost airlines. Many have seasonal flights, and are subject to timetable changes, so it’s always worth to do your research.
Our list of Airports is updated regularly but airline timetables and schedules… are quicker than us! We strive to keep our list of International Airports updated – and frequently check the flight routes and information.
International Airports in Italy
- Pescara PSR Abruzzo Airport
- Bari BRI Bari-Palese “Karol Wojtyla” Airport
- Brindisi / Salento BDS Brindisi-Casale “Orazio Pierozzi” Airport
- Lamezia Terme / Catanzaro SUF Lamezia Terme Airport
- Naples NAP Naples-Capodichino “Ugo Niutta” Airport
- Bologna BLQ Bologna-Borgo Panigale “Guglielmo Marconi” Airport
- Forlì FRL Forlì “Luigi Ridolfi” Airport
- Parma PMF Parma “Giuseppe Verdi” Airport
- Rimini RMI Rimini-Miramare “Federico Fellini” Airport
Region: Friuli-Venezia Giulia
Genoa GOA Genoa “Cristoforo Colombo” Airport
Ancona AOI Ancona-Falconara “Raffaello Sanzio” Airport
Turin TRN Turin-Caselle “Sandro Pertini” Airport
Catania CTA Catania-Fontanarossa “Vincenzo Bellini” Airport
Comiso CIY Comiso “Vincenzo Magliocco” Airport
Palermo PMO Palermo-Punta Raisi “Falcone & Borsellino” Airport
Trapani TPS Trapani-Birgi “Vincenzo Florio” Airport
Perugia PEG Perugia-Sant’Egidio “Adamo Giuglietti” Airport
Maria Elisabetta Bellini is Italyontrail.com’s founder, born in the U.K, she came to running whilst living in Italy, where she still lives and trains. Never ceasing to marvel at what’s at the summit of a hill, or around the bend along the trail, she loves using trail running as a means to explore nature, contemplation and Italy.